Friday, May 8, 2015

Random Thoughts

Left Lane For Passing Only….

I’m sick of seeing Little Rock, Arkansas ranked near the top of violent crime lists.  You’re a great little town, Little Rock.  Get it together….

Go away LED “eyebrow” lights.  You’re not cool anymore, if you ever were.  And you don’t serve a purpose….

Alas, "sport utility vehicles" are now minivans for people who don’t want minivans….

The glitchiness of Apple products increases with their prices….  

Amazon allows you to rip a digital copy of an album when you buy a CD.  Blu-Ray film releases are frequently packaged with DVD and digital copies.  Concerning books, you know....

I enjoy and support science, but the Internet of Things scares the holy living hell out of me….

The brain, as we all know, can grow fat and lazy just like the body….

I don’t want a novel’s cover to show me the main character’s appearance.  And it’s actually kinda creepy when a book cover is adorned with a random, real-life model.  These movie poster covers have consumed the young adult and indie markets…..

This is not to say that characters can never appear on book covers.  A nineties-era cover of Stephen King’s ‘Salem’s Lot depicted what I assume were the Glick boys (characters in the novel) staring out a window….  Creepy, effective.  But the cover was a painting, a subtle painting, and it in no way impacted how I visualized the characters…. 

Subtlety, by the way, is definitely dead….


While I’m on the topic of novels….  If I learn a character’s eye color within the first ten pages, I’m probably going to quit reading….

No comments:

Post a Comment